[texhax] Packages on CTAN

Chris Bourke cbourke at cse.unl.edu
Mon Mar 14 16:36:39 CET 2005

I've developed a small LaTeX package that I think might be of use (at
least to researchers in my area).   I've also created documentation to go
along with it (though not in dtx format).  so now I've a few questions;

1) how do I go about getting this package onto CTAN?  Are there better
places to get it out there?

2) is it necessary to use the dtx format?  It doesn't seem too hard, but
I'd rather not learn it if I don't have to (unless someone has a VERY
short tutorial on it, not the one on CTAN itself).

3) My package defines many new commands; how can I be sure that they will
not conflict with commands defined in other packages?

Chris Bourke
cbourke at cse.unl.edu
http://www.cse.unl.edu/~cbourke