[texhax] input

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:49:30 CET 2005

> I am a LaTeX user (MikTeX version) I have one question to ask
> I wish I can find an answer from you.
>
> Ihave found that when using the input command it seems that
> LaTeX does not input more than (about) thirty files.
>
> is there any thing to do to include few hundreds of files?!!

i have a document that inputs several hundred files.  it sounds as if
you're doing something wrong.

my master file looks like:

  \input{a}
  \input{b}
  \input{c}

if your master file has \input{a}, and your a.tex has \input{b}, and
you b.tex has \input{c}, and so on, then i would expect the effect you
observe.

if there's disc space available, a flattened input setup (like mine)
may be expected to go on for ever.