[texhax] BibTex trouble

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Fri Mar 4 11:45:19 CET 2005

>  	I had been using the same .bib file for some time; everything was
> working until I added another entry to the file. Now it doesn't compile,
> saying:
>
> >bibtex filename
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.4.5)
> The top-level auxiliary file: filename.aux
> I found no \bibdata command---while reading file filename.aux
> I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file filename.aux
> (There were 2 error messages)

Like the error says message, BibTeX didn't find the necessary information in
the .aux file.  That means the LaTeX file contained neither a
\bibliographystyle nor a \bibliography command.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

Professor of Nuclear & Subnuclear Physics
Dipartimento di Fisica e Matematica
Universita degli Studi dell'Insubria
via Valleggio 11
22100 Como (CO)