[texhax] Re: doc and docstrip

Michael Doob mdoob at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 24 15:55:43 CEST 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 8:31 am, Peter Flom wrote:

> Usually, I am of the school that says "You don't make yourself any
> taller by putting someone else in a hole".  But, I think that in the
> particular response to the particular message, two things mitigate
> this.
> 1) The fact that Robin replies often, and with helpful replies
> 2) The fact that the OP was not only one that had a RTFM response (I
> have asked such questions, and will, in my ignorance, possibly ask such
> again) but was in duplicate and contained gibberish.

On the other hand, none of us were born knowing how to find and use TFM.
It may seem obvious, but nonetheless a reasonably polite question
deserves a reasonably polite answer {\bf once}.

I know it is frustrating to get the same questions posed in ignorance
multiple times. There are worse things that can happen in life.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Doob                    Telephone: (204) 474-9796
Department of Mathematics       Fax: (204) 474-7606
University of Manitoba          email: Michael_Doob at umanitoba.ca
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2