[texhax] Re: Which Linux OS support LaTeX

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 17:51:38 CEST 2005

All flavours of Linux bundle an up-to-date and fully functional version
of tex/latex and friends, so your choice of which Linux should probably
be based around other criteria (like what other people you know and have
locally available are using). I use Mandriva (ex Mandrake); many people
use Redhat/Fedora; and both Debian and Suse are popular flavours.

Good luck.

Steve

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 15:32 +0530, Gnanasekaran S wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is Gnanasekaran, Chennai, India.
>
> I am using LaTeX for different process. Now i am using Window OS  and i
> want to switch over the Linux OS, which Linux OS was full supported to
> TeX, LaTeX and other its related tools. Kindly suggest your comment and
> it will more helpful for further development.
>
> Expecting your favourable reply asap.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Gnanasekaran S
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This transmittal is a confidential communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all of its attachments, if any.

Professor Steven J Schwartz       Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Space and Atmospheric Physics     Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory           E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London           Office: Huxley 6M70
London SW7 2BW, U.K.              Web: http://www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/