[texhax] Widowed section headlines on a page

Dieter Meinert DMeinert at RosenInspection.net
Tue Jun 21 10:54:05 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have a definite page layout I cannot change.
Now I have a document consisting of chapters and sections, where the
sections
only consist of headline and floats.
I use

\usepackage[section]{placeins}  (\thanks{texfaq})

to keep the floats in the sections, however I often get the section
headline
on the bottom of one page and the floats on the next page.

Since sometimes two complete sections may fit on one page \clearpage
before a
section is no solution.

How could I get the section head printed on the same page as the first
float
of that section ?

 TIA
 							Dieter Meinert

  ++++++ Do not support SPAM ++++++ use only plaintext for email ++++++