[texhax] Fw: Re: WinEdt Question or Support Request

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Sat Jun 11 13:01:09 CEST 2005

> I am facing a problem with my dvi viewer.  I contacted WinEdt and
> they think your the best people to ask.

Quite right, it can't be anything to do with WinEdt.  Your viewer, which I
assume is YAP, and GhostScript are quite independent.

> I am a registered user of WinEdt and have been for several years.

Good!

> I am experiencing a problem with the dvi viewer.  Once the file has
> been latexed, and the dvi screen pops up automatically, I get the
> following error message:
> [snip]
> I click okay and I cannot see any of the image or dvi file.  I have
> done nothing to experience this.  I have even tried to re-install
> WinEdt, Miktex, Ghostscript, etc and the problem has not gone.

You don't say much about the LaTeX file itself, but I would guess from the
above that you're including external postscript files into it.  Right?  If
so, I would also guess that the problem arises from one of these.  If this
is the case, then either you can try re-creating them in a more portable
format (many Windogs applications do NOT produce good postscript) or abandon
YAP and convert the dvi file to ps, which can then most probably be read and
viewed using GhostView - otherwise, you're in trouble.

Cheers,  Phil