[texhax] Installation problems with ProText

Alberto Vecchiato vecchiato at to.astro.it
Tue Jun 7 15:47:35 CEST 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Peter Flom wrote:

> I am trying to install ProText on my laptop computer.  which is a
> Windows XP home edition machine.  When I click on  Click here to install
> MikTeX I get an error that
>
> d:\setup\setup.exe is not a valid win32 application
>

> What to do?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Hi, I never used ProText, but usually Windows gives this message when the
executable is corrupted or damaged. If you downloaded it from internet, you
could try to download it again, otherwise, if it is on other media, the media
could be damaged.

There are other cases in which the OS can give this message, but I think it is
not your case.

Good luck

Alberto