[texhax] Re: REVTeX 4 and eps graphics files

Manfred Winnewisser winnem at mps.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jul 27 17:32:12 CEST 2005

To Whom It May Concern:

I am working with REVTeX 4 and just finished all my figures with IGOR Pro 5.1 and
used Photoshop to convert them into eps files. After adjusting the BoundingBox(es) the
appropriate space(s) is (are) made available by LaTex2e in the document, however the figure(s) cannot
be displayed either with dvi or Gostview. The error message refers to a string of illegal
commands  embedded in the eps file. What can I do to obtain eps files which work and
can be displayed with the dvi or gostview option? My editor is WinWdt.

Thanks for your help.

Manfred Winnewisser.
Department of Physics,
The Ohio State University