[texhax] How do you reduce character spacing?

leggeb at aciworldwide.com leggeb at aciworldwide.com
Tue Jul 26 20:20:36 CEST 2005

Thank you William for the lead,  looks like I've got some investigation to
do.

"William F. Adams" <wadams at atlis.com> wrote on 07/26/2005 11:59:12 AM:

=> Well, Arial Narrow is a clone of Helvetica Narrow w/ is (well, was
=> originally) an algorithmically condensed Helvetica.
=>
=> If you don't need much you could use something like:
=>
=>   \documentclass{minimal}
=>   \usepackage{graphicx}
=>   \usepackage{pslatex}
=>   \begin{document}
=>   \scalebox{.5}[1]{\textsf{This is narrow}}
=>   \end{document}
=>
=> But I think the pslatex package is out-dated, so don't use that...
=>
=> To alter inter-character space but not character shapes you could use
=> the soul package.
=>