[texhax] Telephone Directory

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Jul 13 21:39:33 CEST 2005

At 15:50 11.07.05, msellan at bellsouth.net wrote:

>Do you know where I can get a program for paginating a telephone directory?

I guess the main task is to get first and last names of a page
into the column title. Donald Arseneau's fwlw.sty aims at
something like this, mentioning a lexicon-like page style.
Yet I don't know how to get _names_ only, not phone numbers.
Maybe Donald Arseneau is willing to give further help.
The main message of fwlw.sty's introduction seems to be
that it can be fooled easily.
He mentions the mark mechanism as an alternative -- I would
know how to use this -- each name sets a mark through some
item macro (or a mark is set just when a new name occurs) --
yet I have some urgent _paid_ jobs at the moment.

Best,
Uwe.