[texhax] Personal Tips/Tricks

Chris Bourke cbourke at cse.unl.edu
Tue Jul 12 16:03:21 CEST 2005

A recent post (long curly braces in an equation) got a response in
which they suggested using the standard \left\{\begin{array}...\right.
technique.  However, there was another response that suggested using
\begin{cases} (via the amsmath package) which I never knew existed.

This got me thinking--most of the things I learn by being on this list are
people's personal tricks, which I often find far more valuable than the
standard tutorials.  Therefore, I thought it might be valuable to the list
as a whole if people were to post their personal tips/tricks.  Or, is
there a FAQ/tutorial of neat latex tips/tricks out there already?  A
google search turned up several personal web pages with some cool
tips/tricks, and I thought it might be good to open a thread on the
list--so please post your personal favorite latex tricks!