[texhax] Floatflt question

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 18:30:45 CEST 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 15:53 , Karl Berry wrote:

>     I tried floatflt, to experiment with flowing text around tables.
> By chance, I recently ran across wrapfig.sty, which claims to do
> basically the same thing.  I know the faq says that floatflt is an
> "improved" version of wrapfig, but it might be worth a shot anyway.
> Your result sure sounds like a bug to me, not a limitation, but I
> don't
> have any personal experience with either one :(.

A little more testing shows me that the problem appears to be bad
interactions with the \newtheorem command, or its results.  I have
the table+text enclosed in an "example" environment created with
newtheorem (using amsthm).  The snippet gives me proper results
without the 'example' environment; and the overly exuberant
indenting, if I enclose it in the environment.

I've sent mail to the author, who is currently looking at the problem.

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Institute for General Semantics
My wife 'n kids 'n dog are gone,
I can't get Jesus on the phone,
But Ol' Milwaukee's Best is my best friend.