[texhax] Floatflt question

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 05:19:45 CEST 2005

Hi, all,

I tried floatflt, to experiment with flowing text around tables.  I
tried it on a short table of 6 lines, and, while the text did flow
nicely around the table, I get a strange effect on subsequent
paragraphs.

Here, 'paragraph' is initiated by a newline in the text.  The first
two lines of each such paragraph are indented (prior to this,
paragraphs have no indentation) so that these two lines are aligned
with the text adjacent to the table (I'm using 'left placement' of
floats).

I'm also using the 'article' doc class, and a dozen or so packages.
I've tried rearranging, and selectively removing some of these to no
avail.

The FAQ mentions 'limitations'; is this one of those?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Regards,

Justin

--