[texhax] Question on latest TeXlive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 28 22:49:05 CET 2005

Hello Dieter,

    For the sake of simplicity I would compile from scratch

"simplicity" and "compiling from scratch" don't really go together in my
mind, when it comes to TeX Live!  (Many distributions, yes; TL, well, ...)

    Could you be so kind to provide the configure call so I can
    duplicate this? Or maybe even the script you use to build the entire
    distribution (if possible / available for the public ...)?

The binaries for TL are (most commonly) made by running the "Build"
script (which runs configure, etc.).  If you unpack the source.tar.bz2
archive, it should be there.

Hope this helps.  If you run into more problems or questions, probably
better to email tex-live at tug.org than this general list.

Best,
karl