[texhax] multicols package?

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat Feb 12 00:25:30 CET 2005

Christopher W. Ryan :

> I want to have two columns on just part of my page, and one column elsewhere
> on the same page.  From what I read, multicols can do this. But on CTAN, I
> can only find the documentation files (dtx) for multicols.  Where can I find
> the actual package, with the necessary .sty files?
> Running MikTex on Win98.
> Thanks.

if it's not already on your system update your MikTeX, it also has a
pacakge manager.

otherwise: download the .dtx *and* the .ins fil

compile the .ins file using latex this creates the .sty file

compiling the .dtx file using pdflatex or latex gives you the

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln