[texhax] Beamer problem

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 10 19:11:32 CET 2005

> I've been using Beamer, and really like it.  But now I have some
> problem that I cannot figure out.  I am getting a 'runaway argument'
> error before my \begin{document}.
> <<<<
> Runaway argument?
> {\headcommand {\beamer at subsectionpages
> ! File ended while scanning use of \@writefile.
> <inserted text>
>                 \par
> >>>
> but I don't know where this is coming from, or what to do about it.
> This text (above) isn't in my .tex file...

Sounds a bit like a bug OR a package clash, so, you can do one of three

1) post a minimal exmaple;
2) compare a file that dosn't ahve the prolem with one that does to see
which command is causng the problem.
3) contact the author of beamer (in my experience he's very helpful);

I would suggest you do 2 followed by 3 if the result of 2 is clear to you.
Otherwise, fall back on 1.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

Professor of Nuclear & Subnuclear Physics
Dipartimento di Fisica e Matematica
Universita degli Studi dell'Insubria
via Valleggio 11
22100 Como (CO)