[texhax] Help needed building format file

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Dec 28 14:47:33 CET 2005

On 2005-12-28 12:46:28 +0100, "Matthias F. Jütte" wrote:
> I need to use a style created by the Springer publishing company which
> requires me to create a format file. When following their instructions

[...]

> )) (g:\buero\texmf\tex\latex\springer\latex.tex
> LaTeX Version 2.09 <25 March 1992>

[...]

> l.54 \NeedsTeXFormat
>                     {LaTeX2e}
>
> *** END OF LOG ***
>
> Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here?

You are trying to build a LaTeX 2.09 format, and while doing this
the LaTeX2e classes get input -- which don't work with 2.09

Please complain LOUDLY at whoever you have contact with at
Springer that 2.09 is OUTDATED since 11 years and you can only
run 2e. And please tell them to remove this file and the packages
from their server.

Best
    Martin
--