[texhax] Flushing floatings without clearing page

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Dec 20 16:34:55 CET 2005

Konstantin Karapetyan :

> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a section with figures and tables. The next section begins on
> the same page where the previous one ends. Therefore some floating
> objects from the first section can easily get into the second one.
>
> Is there a way to make all floating objects appear before the second
> section begins without introducing page breaks?
>
> The [h!] solution is clear, but not very nice. I really want floatings
> to float but within the section they belong to.

the package placeins offers the \FloatBarrier which is like \lcearpage but
with out the pagebreak.

A package option will even place this in the section command automatically

see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=floats

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln