[texhax] indexed vectors in LaTeX ?

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Wed Aug 17 17:01:57 CEST 2005

 >On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:00:14 +0200, Dana Murray wrote:

> Can one work with an indexed vector (or list) so that one can do
> something with the ith element in the list?

I have a LaTeX style I adapted from some unsupported TeX code gotten
from a source who reads this list, but will deny knowing anything about
it, that manages an indexed list (with multiple keys and multiple
records).  It's not strictly what you're talking about, since the keys
into the list don't have to be in order.  That is, you can ask for the
ith element, but elements (1,i-1) don't have to exist.

I fixed a couple of glitches in the code I was given, but there remain
some funny behaviors I haven't fixed yet.  But I use it happily for
managing insertions for a newsletter (put material X on page Y and
column Z -- see whatcheer.net for examples).  It's waiting for me to put
it into a dtx, so the documentation isn't super, but it's slightly
better than adequate, and anyone who wants it is welcome to it.  Maybe
you can fix the glitches.

-tom

p.s. Find it at sgouros.com/olist.sty