[texhax] Change the style of theorem number

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Thu Apr 21 04:58:21 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Kashif Khan wrote:

> Hi, I'm using the following command for theorem style
>
>  \newtheoremstyle{note}% name
>      {3pt}%      Space above
>      {3pt}%      Space below
>      {}%         Body font
>      {}%         Indent amount (empty = no indent, \parindent = para indent)
>      {\itshape}% Thm head font
>      {:}%        Punctuation after thm head
>      {.5em}%     Space after thm head: " " = normal interword space;
>            %       \newline = linebreak
>      {}%         Thm head spec (can be left empty, meaning `normal'
>

> the problem is that Theorem is written in italic but the number is
> non-italic. How can I change the style of the number as well?

The last parameter "head-spec" actually has three parts which control
the name of the theorem, its number and the optional note (in that order).
Thus you can get theorem numbers in italic by setting

\newtheoremstyle{note}{3pt}{3pt}{}{}%
                {\itshape}{:}{.5em}{#1 \itshape #2 #3}

Please see Chapter 9 of the TUGIndia tutorial on LaTeX at

	www.sarovar.org

--
Krishnan