[texhax] Including pictures from MS Powerpoint into FoilTeX slides

Patric Glöde Patric.Gloede at t-online.de
Sun Apr 10 12:27:40 CEST 2005

Dear TeX support,

I have some MS PowerPoint slides with diagrams which I want to paste
into my FoilTeX slides. (The PPT slides consist of nothing but the
diagrams. The diagrams, however, are made up out of different lines and
other elements, so that it is not possible to work wit ONE single picture.)
What is the most efficient way to get these diagrams into FoilTeX?
I have tried to convert the PPT  slides into pdf and than use the
\includegraphics command. This theoretically works, but of course the
format of the then pdf slides is not right. They are too high, so that
the picture needs several FoilTeX slides. Just defining  another scale
or height  in the option of \includegraphics did not work --> I did not
manage to position the picture afterwards and in fact, what I need, is
not to resize the picture itself but to cut away the "white parts" of
the pdf slide so that just the original picture appears.
I should add, that I do not dispose of  Adobe Acrobat which  might
enable me to tailor the pdf slides with the pictures. Neither do I
dispose of devices to convert the ppt pictures into eps and tailor the
eps pictures.

I would be very grateful for advices how to tackle this not so trivial task!

Best regards

Patric Gloede