[texhax] Placing things

moheb missaghi moheb1333 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 18:18:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use \put to position various things on the page. Lamport's
book states that \put's args identify a "reference point". I have following
questions:

1. Is there anyway to place things using absolute coordinates (for example
for overlaying objects on top of one another)?

2. Where does position 0,0 refer to? Top left of the page for example?

3. Is there a macro/register such as \currpos or something which can set/get
the current position (is there actually a concept of current position in
tex)?

Thanks,

Moheb