[texhax] Graphs from Excel into LaTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Sep 22 01:02:17 CEST 2004

    > Hi there,

    > my diploma thesis is the first thing I wanted to do in LaTeX. So
    > far I really like it and would like to hand in a LaTeX work. The
    > problem: most of my results are Graphs in Excel and as you can
    > see in the attached pdf, they don´t show even close to nice in
    > LaTeX! :(

    > What am I doing wrong? - Or is it, that including a lot of
    > excel-Graphs is not what LaTeX is made for?

This has nothing to do with LaTeX.  It depends on the graphics file
format you export the excel files to.

Preferred file formats are PostScript and PDF.  Don't know whether
they are supported by M$, but maybe you can export to wmf (Windows
Meta File) and probably this is supported by ImageMagick, see

   http://www.imagemagick.org

for more information.

You would certainly get better output if you omit excel and use
gnuplot instead.  See:

   http://www.gnuplot.info/

Regards,
  Reinhard