[texhax] BibTeX documentation

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 23:42:41 CEST 2004

> I currently use plain TeX. I'd like to use BibTeX for my dissertation.
> The linux man page on bibtex implies that it works with LaTeX and plain,
> but all the documentation I've found so far concerns LaTeX. Can someone
> point me in the direction of helpful documentation?

btxmac.tex, which is part of eplain, enables you to use bibtex from
plain tex.  there's a fair bit of eplain documentation, so look up the
eplain stuff in that.

which information extracted from
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=bibplain (the faq, on
the whole, being pretty patchy about plain tex information -- this is
just one place where it provides something useful).