[texhax] strikethrough

Morten Høgholm moho01ab at student.cbs.dk
Mon Sep 13 15:34:17 CEST 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:14:45 +0200, Dana Murray
<MurrayDM.SCI at mail.uovs.ac.za> wrote:

> I have found the soul package and have (I think) done what the
> instructions tell me to do,
> BUT ...
> I end up with some error messages:
>
> If I do LaTeX three times the typesetter stops at the error message
>   l.50     \newfont\SOUL at tt{ectt1000}
>
> The logfile consists of hundreds of lines of for example
> Missing character: There is no F in font nullfont!
>
> Any suggestions?

This sounds like the problem described in section 5.3 of the soul manual
(v2.4).

> BTW, I am using PCTeX 4.2

I don't know exactly how package management works in PCTeX, but I would
assume one can install the ec-fonts with whatever PCTeX offers.
Alternatively follow the advice given in the soul manual.

Remember that you must use the lines
   \makeatletter
   \font\SOUL at tt=cmtt10
   \makeatother
for the advice in the manual to work. Melchior probably assumes you know @
must be given special meaning for this to work.
--
Morten Høgholm