[texhax] Typing Chinese with plain TeX

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Sat Sep 4 21:44:38 CEST 2004

I asked Tang to continue our posting privately to not annoy other listers
with the details of the messages occurring during the installation of
ChiTeX:
Tang generously translated in English the main messages
that prompt the user during that installation,
and made that installation almost completely understandble for the western
user.
I will give a report of that later.

Now I'm reporting our last messages of general interest.

Tang wrote:

>Perhaps *chinese-py* or *chinese-py-b5* is what you need.
>*chinese-py* is used to input Simplified Chinese.
>*chinese-py-b5* is used to input  Traditional Chinese.
>Simplified Chinese is widely used now in China mainland,  so I think
>this is what your sister study. Traditional Chinese is used only in
>China's  Hong Kong and Taiwan district.
>chinese input method is only  used to input chinese characters, if you
>wanna input your own language characters, please type C-\ to switch to
>your default input method.  Maybe you are
>very curious about chinese, you can type(turn on the chinese-py or
>chinese-py-big5 input method first):

>now  you  have inputed two chinese characters, they are "?" "?" ,
>which means "hello" in english.:)
>There are many chinese input method, each one has its advantage and
>disadvantage. *chinese-py* is the most commonly used .  You can ask
>your sister for more advice.:)

Thanks to all,
		Rodolfo