[texhax] Localization of bibliography

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 4 18:34:37 CEST 2004

> When I've written my bibliography in a .bib-file, and compile the=20
> document things like "editor" and "edition" aren't translated to the=20
> language I've chosen with babel. Is there a way to get such words localiz=
> ed?

sadly, "joined up thinking" doesn't work between babel and bibtex :-(
(internationalisation remains the biggest unsolved issue in tex, imo.)

the custom-bib system has a means of translating its stuff, but (a) i
don't know how it works, and (b) it doesn't seem to do swedish (says
he, guessing what your chosen language might be).

there's a set of translations of the latex standard styles in the
swebib package (in the miktex package system under that name -- just
ask for it).  that gives you swe(abbrv|alpha|plain).bst -- would that
do

> Disclaimer: Yes, I checked the FAQ.

sorry.  added to the ever-growing list of answers i need to write.

swebib _is_ in the ctan catalogue, so you might just have found it
that way.

> Yes, I googled and yes, I read the
> documentation I could find. Guess I'm an idiot, sorry for littering your
> precious mailing-list with my trivial question.

i repudiate that suggestion!