[texhax] For your consideration...

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 11 00:03:58 CEST 2004

Hello Haig,

Thanks for the kind words.  TeX Live is an incredible group effort, it's
always nice to get good feedback :).

    1. Please let me know if you guys plan to include these packages at
    a later date.

caption2.sty was included in TeX Live 2003.  It's strange that it's not
included in fpTeX.

hbaw.sty and hcolor.sty were included in TL <= 7, but not in TL2003,
even though the source file fvrb-ex.dtx is in TL 2003.  I don't know
what's up with that.  Sebastian, do you recall this?  (See
http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2004-May/002066.html for Haig's original
message.)

It would be good if thumbpdf.cfg was included in either the thumbpdf or
seminar packages itself.  Or if that setting \ThumbpdfDriver{dvips} was
simply the default, so no .cfg was needed.  Could you write to the
thumbpdf author about that?

    3. Should I put all these non-packaged styles in a common directory and
    include that
    in the path?

Yes, that is probably the best way for you to proceed.  Probably in a
new `local' directory.

    5. How or can I create my own TPM files under XP so that I can
    register them with the installation?

TPM files are plain text files in a simple XML format, so you can
probably make a new one fairly easily, starting from one in the
distribution.  However, getting fpTeX to recognize the new TPM, I have
no idea about, sorry.  Perhaps Fabrice would have some tips.  If there's
no answer here, I can only suggest writing to fptex at tug.org.

Best regards,
karl