[texhax] Coloured text with plain TeX

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Mon Mar 1 20:59:13 CET 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> #begin of addspecial.awk
> /SETCHAR/{
>   r = 0.6 * rand();
>   g = 0.6 * rand();
>   b = 0.6 * rand();
>   printf("      (SPECIAL PDF: %f %f %f rg)\n", r, g, b);
>   print $0;
>   printf("      (SPECIAL PDF: %f %f %f rg)\n", 1, 1, 1);
>   next;
> }
> //{print}
> #end of addspecial.awk

That's a clever idea but is there a way for the random color to
be determined by the pdf generation rather than the awk? I wouldn't
want all my 'a' being the same color and all my 'b' being the same
color ....

--
Joel Coltoff

Perfection, then, is finally achieved, not when there is nothing left
to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery