[texhax] Obtaining TexLive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 24 15:59:48 CEST 2004

    as advised on your web site, I paid for the TUG membership so as to
    receive TexLive as a benefit of this membership.

Assuming you joined as a 2004 member, then you have a choice of receiving
the 2003 TeX Live right away, or waiting for the 2004 TeX Live.  TL'04
is not released yet, and there is no expected date at this point.
Not real soon.

If you want to get TL'03, instead of TL'04, write office at tug.org and
explain.  Robin (the TUG office manager) will be happy to send it to you.

    But I saw no sign of any LaTex editor yet.
    Is there a link from which I can download TexLive?

You can download the ISO image for TL'03 from CTAN, in
/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images.

    Should I expect to receive a CD by mail?

I surmise you selected to receive TL'04 on the membership form.  If
that's the case, yes, you'll receive TL'04 in the mail, when it's released.

HTH,