[texhax] postscript printing

Steve Schwartz S.J.Schwartz at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 13:09:41 CEST 2004

Try saving your file in xls format and using gnumeric insteat of
openoffice. gnumeric has a latex output and clear instructions in the file
about how to include it, including the necessary preamble incantations. I
find it works very well.

Steve

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:35:31AM -0400, Sebastian Luque wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Apologies if this is a bit off-topic. The question might belong in
> OpenOffice's mailing lists, but I suspect there's a better chance of getting
> it answered here than in those lists.
>
> I'm creating tables in OpenOffice's Calc package and printing them to file as
> '.ps' for inclusion in a latex file. The images look ok on screen in the
> preview panel, and can also view them ok using Ghostscript. I'm using the
> graphicx package and -trying- to include the files with:
>
> \includegraphics[width=\columnwidth]{<filename>}
>
> After LaTeX'ing the file, the page where the image should appear contains
> everything except the image. The image doesn't print at all on screen nor on
> hardcopy. I don't have any problems including '.ps' files produced from
> several other programs. For example, I have several figures produced in the
> statistics program R that appear fine both on screen and on paper. Have any
> OpenOffice users in the list experienced this and if so, have you found any
> solutions?
>
> I'm using Linux Debian (hard disk installation of Knoppix 3.4), KDE desktop,
> TeTeX, and OpenOffice (1.1).
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Sebastian

| Steve Schwartz                      Space Plasma Group                 |
| Astronomy Unit                      Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5449           |
| School of Mathematical Sciences     Fax: +44 (0)20 8983 3522           |
| Queen Mary, University of London    http://www.space-plasma.qmul.ac.uk |
| Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK    S.J.Schwartz at qmul.ac.uk            |