[texhax] postscript printing

Sebastian Luque sluque at mun.ca
Thu Jun 24 08:35:31 CEST 2004

Dear List,

Apologies if this is a bit off-topic. The question might belong in
OpenOffice's mailing lists, but I suspect there's a better chance of getting
it answered here than in those lists.

I'm creating tables in OpenOffice's Calc package and printing them to file as
'.ps' for inclusion in a latex file. The images look ok on screen in the
preview panel, and can also view them ok using Ghostscript. I'm using the
graphicx package and -trying- to include the files with:

\includegraphics[width=\columnwidth]{<filename>}

After LaTeX'ing the file, the page where the image should appear contains
everything except the image. The image doesn't print at all on screen nor on
hardcopy. I don't have any problems including '.ps' files produced from
several other programs. For example, I have several figures produced in the
statistics program R that appear fine both on screen and on paper. Have any
OpenOffice users in the list experienced this and if so, have you found any
solutions?

I'm using Linux Debian (hard disk installation of Knoppix 3.4), KDE desktop,
TeTeX, and OpenOffice (1.1).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sebastian