[texhax] A TeX `tools' bundle question.

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Wed Jun 23 16:52:42 CEST 2004

> I'm trying to add the `tools' bundle to my LaTeX system.

But you don't say exactly which LaTeX system you're using.

> One of the
> instruction steps directs me to move all .sty and .tex files to
> "a directory
> on LaTeX's standard input path."  Where exactly is that?

Depends on your LaTeX system.

> I tried putting the files in a folder labelled `tools' in the
> texmf folder,

Aha, is this MiKTeX?  If it is, why do it all by hand?

> but that didn't work.  I'm just not sure where they belong...

Try putting them in texmf\tex\latex\tools and then refreshing the filename database (this last step is VITAL) ... how you do this (aha, you guessed) depends on your LaTeX system.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"  --  Albert Einstein