[texhax] Extending babel's vocabulary from a document class?

Christer Thörn df03toch at ing.hj.se
Tue Jun 15 15:06:00 CEST 2004

Hi.

I'm writing a small document class for LaTeX, extending article, that I
want to be able to handle both english and swedish. Babel translates
things like \tableofcontents and \listoffigures, but not, for instance,
\lstlistoflistings from the 'listings' package. I can fix it by adding
stuff like

  \def\lstlistingname{Kodlistning}%
  \def\lstlistlistingname{Kodlistningar}%

to the file swedish.ldf, but I'd rather handle it in my class using
something like this:

  if babel=swedish then \lstlistingname:=Kodlistning

so that the users of the class don't have to mess with their installation.

Can that be done? I'm not familiar with any babel-API, if there is one...
--
Christer Thörn
df03toch(a)ing.hj.se