[texhax] Hyphenation problem

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jun 4 18:10:15 CEST 2004

The problem is the explicit hyphen, after which
TeX will not hyphenate further.  I would suggest
defining macros which generate "3-pentanone"
(visually) but which in practice generate
"3-\hskip 0 pt \relax pentanone"
which should be hyphenatable ...

\def \ThreeP {3-pentanone}
\def \threeP {3-\hskip 0 pt \relax pentanone}

\showhyphens {\ThreeP}
\showhyphens {\threeP}

\hyphenation {pent-a-none}

\showhyphens {\ThreeP}