[texhax] Re: [tex-live] problems with non-final sigma

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sun Jul 25 12:20:45 CEST 2004

"TA" == Tigran Aivazian writes:

 >> could you then post a small test file which demonstrates the
 >> problem?  I'll try to help.

 TA> Thank you, Vladimir. I should have done that from the
 TA> beginning. Here it is:

 TA>  http://www.bibles.org.uk/sigma

 TA> It contains simple.tex and simple.pdf (pdflatex simple).

well, it appeared that it's not about catcodes, etc - it was a
boundary character ligature (in the font gk7t.tfm) which makes it hard
to input non-final sigma as a separate character.

You can use this:

\def\finalsigma{\noboundary c\noboundary}
\def\nonfinalsigma{\noboundary s\noboundary}

Best,
v.

P.S. sorry for posting to tex-live and pdftex - hopefully it's the
last email on this subject.