[texhax] Suppressing page numbering on a page

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Mon Jul 5 12:02:31 CEST 2004

>   I have tried the \thispagestyle{empty} in a Latex document (article
>   class) in order to prevent the page number overtyping a largish
>   table on that page.
>
>   Unfortunately, it has not worked. Is this because I am using a table
>   environment (with tabularx inside)? Are there other ways to suppress
>   page numbering just for a particular page?

I imagine you placed \thispagestyle{empty} OUTside the table environment,
right?

If not, you'll have to send a minimal file with the problem.

Table and figure environments are floats, that is, they do not necessarily
appear on the page where they are place in the LaTeX file.  On the other
hand, \thispagestyle, not surpisingly, acts on the page being output when it
is read by LaTeX.  So, if you place it INsice the floating environment, it
should work (it does for me).

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe