[texhax] Bibliography sans bibtex

John Simmie john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Mon Jan 26 09:43:02 CET 2004

Robert:  Although Bibtex does help one to put together a bibliography
it is not essential to go down this route since ordinary laTeX commands
will do the job just as effectively particularly for a one-off paper as eg

\begin{thebibliography}[99]
\bibitem{abc03} Author, A., J. Irreproducible Results, 56:345--56,
\textbf{2003}.
\end{thebibliography}

I find that dedicated bibliographic tools such as Endnote are the best for
importing
data from online sources such as Web of Science, Chemical Abstracts, etc
and maintaining an in-house library of references which can then be pasted
into a
LaTeX document in the desired format.

 >Robert Sherry wrote Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:29:55 -0500
 >Subject: [texhax] Bibliography
 > I am in the process of writing a paper, which I hope I can publish, and
 >I need to do a Bibliography. I understand that LaTeX makes that job easy for
 >me. Can somebody tell me where I can get some online documentation on LaTeX
 >to learn more about how to do a Bibliography in LaTeX.

                                     Robert Sherry

                Dr. John M. Simmie
Chemistry Department & Environmental Change Institute
    National University of Ireland, Galway::Ireland