[texhax] fancyhdr.sty

mr at xosoftware.dk mr at xosoftware.dk
Fri Jan 16 18:45:24 CET 2004

First, thank you to Fairbairns and everyone
else for quick response and valuable advice.
It is very much appreciated.
Now, I am trying to alter the pagenumbering
using fancyhdr.sty. I do the following:

\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\pagestyle{fancy}
..
\textwidth=103mm
\textheight=177mm
\fancyfoot[LE,RO]{\bfseries\thepage}

put get two indices of the page number on
every page. That is, I get one in the middle
and on the right/left. Also, the fancy head
is a line wider than the text. In the docs
this is described as a feature, but is it
poosible to change it to the width of the
text?
Maybe, I ought to use a different package to
get the page numbering to "the side" instead
of in the middle. I don't know.
Thank you
Martin