[texhax] having words breaking over the pages

Pierre MacKay mackay at cs.washington.edu
Fri Feb 27 00:51:50 CET 2004

One hands-on way to handle this is a macro \pseudopar, which I wrote
to force paragraph breaks in the sort of three-page paragraph that
is much loved by 15th century writers of Italian.

\def\pseudopar{\parfilskip=0pt\par\parfilskip=1fil\noindent}

You have to set the pages once, to choose the point for inserting
\pseudopar, but it works nicely, and can solve problems of delayed
triggering of the \output routine rather well.  It would certainly
work to deal with this hyphenation problem.

The really cautious might want to save the value of \parfilskip and
restore it.  I have never found this necessary.

Pierre MacKay