[texhax] LaTex on Mac

Phil Parker phil at math.twsu.edu
Wed Feb 25 02:22:38 CET 2004

On 02/24/2004 at 01:50 PM, "Nese Omur" <neseomur at kou.edu.tr> wrote:

>I wrote a paper using LaTex  on a PC (Windows 2000). I need to wiev this
>document on Mac. Is there a way to convert this paper or the DVI to
>Mac.tex?

The dvi format is supposed to be platform-independent. My experiments have
not included Macs, but among IBM mainframes, PCs with Windows or DOS or
OS/2, and unix/linux systems, it is. Just do a binary copy or FTP of the dvi
to the Mac and you should be able to preview, print, etc.

If the .tex input file is truly plain 7-bit ASCII, it is also
platform-independent and will compile on any machine with a suitable version
of (La)TeX.

--
    Phil Parker