[texhax] MF display window under MacOS X

Yannis Haralambous yannis.haralambous at enst-bretagne.fr
Wed Feb 11 12:30:46 CET 2004

I upgraded my TeX system under MacOS X and now MF display works. But I get
a tremendeously big window, much bigger than my screen, and the picture
I'm expecting to see is not in the visible part. I have tried primitives like:

openwindow 1 from (-500,-500) to (500,500) at (-200,-200) ;
display currentpicture inwindow 1;

I can change those figures arbitrarily, they don't seem to do anything.
Does anyone know how I can get control over the dimensions and internal
coordinates of that window? I didn't found any relevant command-line
option, and the texmf.cnf file doesn't handle that either.

It would be nice if one could specify the window geometry by usual X
Window syntax.

I'm using:
>Metafont (Web2C 7.5.2) 2.71828
>kpathsea version 3.5.2

Thanks in advance

Yannis

| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.      yannis.haralambous at enst-bretagne.fr |
| Professor                            http://omega.enstb.org/yannis |
|                                          Tel. +33 (0)2.29.00.14.27 |
|                                          Fax  +33 (0)2.29.00.12.82 |
| Computer Science Department                                        |
| Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications de Bretagne      |
| Technopole de Brest Iroise, CS 83818, 29238 Brest CEDEX 3, France  |
                         ...pour distinguer l'exterieur d'un aquarium,
                                        mieux vaut n'etre pas poisson

                        ...the ball I threw while playing in the park
                                       has not yet reached the ground