[texhax] A Question about Bibliographs

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Mon Feb 2 14:46:40 CET 2004

> The problem is the generated bibliography has the title of many of the
> papers in lower case. For example, it is turning NP into np. I do not
> understand why this is happening. Could somebody please give me some
> guidance.

Things that shouldn't change case must be placed in braces:

@ARTICLE{Planner:NP,
 AUTHOR = "L, Stockmeyer",
 TITLE = "Planer 3-colorablilty is {NP}-complete.",
 JOURNAL = "SIGACT",
 YEAR = "1973" }

Also, you ought to insert authors in the following format:

 AUTHOR = "Gonzalez-Verlarde, Jose Luis and Laguna, Manuel",

Most of all, you ought to read btxdoc.dvi, which should be there in your
LaTeX installation somewhere like ...\texmf\doc\bibtex\.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe