[texhax] A Question about Bibliographs

Robert Sherry rsherry8 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 05:05:13 CET 2004

    I am writing a paper using LaTeX and BibTex to do the bibliography. Here
is my .bib file:

@BOOK{gc:problems,
     AUTHOR = "Tommy R. Jensen and Bjarne Toft",
     TITLE = "Graph Coloring Problems",
     PUBLISHER = {Wiley-Interscience Publications},
     ADDRESS = { New York },
  YEAR = 1995 }

@BOOK{random:Graphs,
     AUTHOR = "Bela Bollobas",
     TITLE = "Random Graphs Second Edition",
     PUBLISHER = {Cambride University Press},
     ADDRESS = { United Kingdom  },
     YEAR = "2001" }

@BOOK{compiler:1,
     AUTHOR = "Steven S. Muchnick",
     TITLE = "Advanced Compiler Design Implementation",
     PUBLISHER = {Morgain Kaufmann Publishers},
     ADDRESS = { New York  },
     YEAR = "1997" }

@ARTICLE{Planner:NP,
 AUTHOR = "L, Stockmeyer",
 TITLE = "Planer 3-colorablilty is NP-complete.",
 JOURNAL = "SIGACT",
 YEAR = "1973" }

@ARTICLE{Exact:CACM,
 AUTHOR = "Jurgen Peemoller",
 TITLE =
  "A Correction to Brelaz's Modificaiton of Brown's Coloring Algorithm",
 JOURNAL = "Communications of the ACM",
 YEAR = "1983",
  MONTH = "August" }

@UNPUBLISHED{ Tabu:Search,
 AUTHOR = "Jose Luis Gonzalez-Verlarde and Manuel Laguna",
 TITLE = "Tabu Search with Simple Ejection Chains for Coloring Graphs",
 YEAR = 2002,
 NOTE =
  "Available on the internet at
http://www-bus.colorado.edu/faculty/laguna/articles/tscolo.pdf" }

@UNPUBLISHED{High:Degree,
 AUTHOR = "Toby Walsh",
 TITLE = "Search on High Degree Graphs",
 YEAR = "2001",
 NOTE =
  "Available on the internet at
http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~apes/papers/wijcai2001.pdf" }

The problem is the generated bibliography has the title of many of the
papers in lower case. For example, it is turning NP into np. I do not
understand why this is happening. Could somebody please give me some
guidance.

                             Robert Sherry