[texhax] Vertical space in TOCs

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 22:52:54 CET 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 13:18, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:21:12 -0800, Justin Walker <justin at mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> A question about spacing in \tableofcontents: I would like to
>> decrease the vertical space between lines in the table.  A session
>> with the Companion (2Ed) and the FAQ haven't helped (although I could
>> be overlooking something).  Is there a (simple?) way to do this?
>
> See if <http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=tocloft> helps.

It didn't, but it does :-}.  I'd already looked at this (among others).
  I didn't see anything directly relating to my problem, so I kept
looking.

Prompted by your reply, I looked again, and then looked at the doc for
tocloft.  While this seemed overly complicated, I decided to try it.
I'm happy to report that just "using" this package suffices to clean up
the TOC.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |   When LuteFisk is outlawed