[texhax] problem with info command

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 26 15:21:55 CEST 2004

    I chose to add symlinks to /usr/info and /usr/man in the TeX-Live
    installation's script

I'll see if I can debug what happened.  FWIW, in general, I try to avoid
ever changing anything in /usr with "local" (as opposed to system)
updates.  Of course TL should not erase the info binary just because you
asked for the symlinks.

Anyway, you should just reinstall the Debian Texinfo packages and resume
life.  You can make the symlinks by hand to the info files under TL, if
need be.  Info searches a lot of directories by default, so perhaps it
will pick them up.  Depends on where you installed TL.

Best,
karl