[texhax] Generate EPS images without the inclosing BOX

Dr. Edward Henry Dowdye, Jr ehd at extinctionshift.com
Thu Aug 12 17:45:26 CEST 2004

Dear William Adams:

I have jpg, Tif and gif files of images that I want to convert to EPS files
of images.

I am using PCTeX, a windows version.  I have Professional Window XP.  I use
"includegraphics" and EPS graphics files.  Attached is a sample of my EPS
graphic files.

My Question:

1) How do I generate the EPS files that will display (show up) in my LaTeX
document, when the dvi or output file is generated "WITHOUT THE BOX"?
   In other words, I need the images to show WITHOUT the surrounding BOX?

  Note: In publications, math and Physics journals, the graphics and
illustrations generally don't have the inclusing BOX arround them. (I know
the BoundingBox is needed for sizing the eps file, but don't have to print it).

2) What TOOL(s) do I need, besides what I already have, to do that job?

3) What's the best tool(s) for converting the  jpg, Tif and gif files to
EPS files.

Thank you for your support.