[texhax] TeX hyphenation -- why do so many words get no hyphens

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Thu Aug 5 15:54:15 CEST 2004

i forgot to mention in my earlier message that i am trying
to find frank liang, to obtain permission to post the text
of his dissertation (word hy-phe-na-tion by com-pu-ter) on
the tug web site.

that document explains the constraints on the selection
of patterns better than i could, and would be a valuable
addition to the public record.

if anyone reading this knows of frank liang's whereabouts,
and can help me get in touch with him, i would appreciate
it greatly.
							-- bb