[texhax] bookmarks in pdf files

Giuseppe G. N. Angilella Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Thu Apr 8 16:21:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using the hyperref and dvipdfm packages to produce a pdf file from my
latex source code (MikTeX) which makes all references in the text to
equations, section numbers, and citations hyperlinked; furthermore, it
produces bookmarks (that can be opened up by clicking on the tag on the
left-hand side of Adobe Reader). The hyperlinks in the text appear as they
should; however, the bookmarks are not produced for a regular "Phys. Rev.
B-like" article (i.e. two-column format with title, authors etc.
produced with \maketitle) written using the revtex4 document class. I have
played around with the different options a bit, and I have found that to
get bookmarks I must either drop the twocolumn option or drop the
\maketitle. Unfortunately, using the multicol package instead of twocolumn
is not a possible fix, since multicol is incompatible with revtex4. I have
also looked at some pdf files on the cond-mat archive and so far the only
files I have found that have bookmarks are in single-column format, which
may suggest that the solution to this problem may not be simple (or if it
exists, that it is at least not well-known). I also have googled for
possible solutions, but haven't found the problem described anywhere.

Any hint?

Thank you all in advance.

Giuseppe.